Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file remove unused jqueryeasy plugin from Joomla4 discover list

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #5949 by bolleboos
Hello,
As i migrated a while ago to Joomla 4, there suddenly seems to be a problem with an old installed(but not any more used) version of the jqueryeasy plugin (probably a left-over from J2.5 when It was used in  in around 2012). JQUryEasy suddely shows up in the discover list but whatever I do I always get blocked by an out of memory error.I get more of these errors on the system page, but I suspect jqueryeasy in the discover list as a possible reason. I don't see a way to safely delete the plugin from the list and it doesn't show up in the system manage extentions or plugins list, so I'm stuck. Please could you explain how to remove this old item from appearing. BTW, I never got a warning of some sort while upgrading to J4 during previous updates after. The actual version of J4 is 4.2.9 (coming back via an Akeeba BU from 4.3.0 which caused also other problems. So please can you explain to me how to remove the old jqueryeasy plugin from the discover list. Thank you very muck in advance, Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #5950 by syw
Hello,

as it is a very old version, never removed but carried over through multiple updates, I think the simplest way to remove the plugin would be to delete the directory plugins/system/jqueryeasy.

That should be all you need to do.

Olivier.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #5951 by bolleboos
Hi Olivier, thanks for your answer, but it did'nt change the situation. Worse, I get multipleOutOfMemoryErrormessages now whenevever I click a link on the system dashboard page, can't change a thing. I kept a copy of the directory jqueryeasy and so put it back exacty in its original place but to no avail. At first system page said : joomla unknown, but now it announces 4.0.3 which I'm not going to try to re-install again after a crash the first time and a manual restore afterwards of a BU (4.2.9) with Akeeba & kickstart because it didn't work from within Akeeba Pro.My guess and Question: I'm not a PHPMyAdmin expert but shouldn't some tables have to be deleted?. I'm also trying to create a FPA report for the forum but until now it results in an 500 or 403 error page (htaccess issue maybe?). I assure you that jqueryeasy was not even visible in the plugin list (nor signaled as potential tisk) before the Joomla 4 update 2 months ago. I can't go back to J3 now as too many things have already changed and not only articles).

Regards, Jan

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #5952 by syw
Hello Jan,

jQuery Easy is a plugin that adds no code anywhere else other than in the folder I mentioned. It does not touch anything in the database. It does make changes 'on-the-fly' so it does not affect any of the other code on your server. That means: whenever the plugin is disabled or uninstalled, your site is unchanged.

One thing I would suggest: check the database table where installed extensions are located ([prefix]_extensions). Look for jQuery Easy in that table (look for 'jqueryeasy' in the 'element' column). IF you find a line with jQuery Easy, make sure the column 'enabled' is set to '0'.

Make sure your system also has enough memory to function (settings may be available at your provider's).

You could also go to the Joomla update and re-install Joomla on top of itself (the same version you are on). There is a problem with your whole setup, jQuery Easy is not the root cause, I am afraid. You could also have plugins that you did not disable that were working under Joomla 3 but will cause issues in Joomla 4.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bolleboos

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #5956 by bolleboos
hello Olivier,
Just wanted to say that everything is O.K. now. Finally Just deleting the old files AND vlearing the Joomla cache did the job. The item in discover is gone. The reason for those OutOfMemoryErrormessages was the redirection plugin (bug?) I HAD TO set IT to OFF.
Regards, Jan

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #5957 by syw
Great! Glad you got this resolved.

If you think there is a bug in the redirection extension, please don't hesitate to report it in the issue tracker issues.joomla.org so that others can have an eye on it and confirm the problem. Thanks!

Olivier.