Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

lightbulb-o Suggestion: Author as Article Title in LNE

More
1 year 1 month ago #5883 by rinenweb
Hello,
Here's a suggestion regarding the LNE's function of displaying related articles. Right now if someone wishes to display content related to an author, there are three options in the respected drop-down menu: "Name", "Alias Name" and "Username". I propose another option there: "Article Title".

I don't know whether it's usual practice or not, but I have at least three joomla projects where every author has an article containing their bio, social links etc. If LNE could determine the name of the author by the article title, it could then display the author's articles within a certain category (or categories). Something like "see all the articles this author has written".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #5884 by syw
Hello, interesting suggestion!

"Name", "Alias Name" and "Username" is mostly used to format the output. The selection of articles by author is really triggered by the 'authors' parameter.

Another way this can be done in Joomla is by creating a contact for the user and. then, on the contact page, you will automatically get the articles related to the user associated with that contact profile.

Another way to do this with LNE, is to select the 'authors' option 'auto' and that the article containing the user's bio being created by that same user. That way you can show articles related to the author as well.

Olivier.

More
1 year 1 month ago #5885 by rinenweb
Replied by rinenweb on topic Suggestion: Author as Article Title in LNE
Thank you for responding in such short notice.

The truth is that I have tried both your suggestions in various projects, but what these implementations have in common is that they require the authors having user accounts in the website. Nevertheless not all websites require the authors to create accounts (eg. if a manager publishes their articles and sets their name as the author alias). My suggestion would address this issue and give an extra capability to LNE, by also covering those cases. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: syw

More
1 year 1 month ago #5886 by syw
Ok, I understand :-)

I think, in this case, we should check the author's alias rather than the author's id. Note we may run into performance issues in case there is a large number of articles...

Olivier.