Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Trombinoscope with Community Builder

More
1 year 5 months ago #5767 by webiedesign
Trombinoscope with Community Builder was created by webiedesign
The "Edit Contact In Profile" plugin works exactly as I need...except I am using Community Builder. I briefly looked at the code and am thinking it is probably to complex for me to edit, but thought I would ask if either this would be possible or if the custom field substitution could work with custom Community Builder fields. My parents always taught me it can't hurt to ask ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #5768 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Trombinoscope with Community Builder
Hello :-)

indeed, Trombinoscope Contacts is not compatible with Community Builder for edition in the user profile. I have not yet looked at how this could be done (and if that is possible) so I do not have a definitive answer for you.

In the meantime, for edition in the frontend, you could also use the other method which is to open the contact in its own form for edition. That forces the user to update information in 2 separate places, but I consider login information to be different than contact information... Although Community Builder is more advanced than the core User component.

To help you:
simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/tutori...noscope-contacts-pro

Olivier.

More
1 year 5 months ago #5769 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Trombinoscope with Community Builder
This is a brilliant solution and is actually better for this case I think - I am so glad I asked ! Thank you

More
1 year 5 months ago #5770 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Trombinoscope with Community Builder
Super, you are welcome!

Olivier.