Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Suggestion : Trombinoscope-users instead of Trombinoscope-contacts ?

More
1 year 9 months ago #5731 by dranreb
Trombinoscope contacts is a really great module. Thanks for it.
I was wondering if a similar one could be done on users instead of contacts. I didnt find anything to do that.
Of course we can declare contacts linked to users, but there is a lot of redundancy when associating contacts to users as a lot of fields exist in both profiles, like email, address, phone... (user has no picture by default, but we can simply add a media custom field for that), making some confusion between both. Furthermore, users can eventually modify their profile by themselves, which is not the case for contacts.
Don't you consider it would be a great module as well ?
Bernard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5732 by syw
Hello Bernard,

glad you like Trombinoscope Contacts. I really appreciate the kind words.

I have not pursued doing the same kind of extension for users because there are already many great extensions that have user and profile management: Community Builder, Jomsocial to name just a few.

In Trombinoscope Contacts, contacts can modify their profile, but, indeed, they need a user account to be able to do that. User profiles and Contact profiles can be linked automatically but, yes, some information will be redundant in the end (depending on the way you organise it all - in basic settings, name and email address is the only redundant information). It mostly is a matter of deciding if you want a user-managed environment or a contact-managed one.

Thank you for your suggestion Bernard!

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.