Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Custom Recaptcha - cannot connect to service

More
2 years 6 months ago #5567 by cherryboy
A few of our users have reported issues with Captcha. In order to try and find the issue I have installed Custom reCaptcha as it has the option to force a challenge. 

Using it as normal by loading the screen that has the captcha a few times I can get it to display the challenge pictures. I can select the correct pictures, get past the captcha and move on. 

However when I switch on the force challenge option I always get an error - cannot connect to recaptcha service. 

I suspect the production site that had an invisible captcha (now switched off) was getting a similar issue

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #5568 by syw
The custom reCaptcha plugin adds the 'fallback' attribute to the URL connecting to Google's API. I don't see and can't find out why it would break the connection to the service.

What I would suggest is go back to your Google account and set the security preference to 'most secure'. That should trigger the challenges more often.

Then, check 'send alerts to owners' to receive detailed information from Google about the state of your configuration. If something is wrong, it should tell you and you'll have a better idea why there is an issue with some of your users.

Olivier.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by syw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.