Parent Category: Joomla! Extensions 2
Published on Monday, 03 October 2011 21:05
Written by Super User
This plugin is meant to clean and prepare front and back end for the use of jQuery, alongside the Mootools libraries.
Basic Parameters (Front End)
Advanced Parameters (Front End)
What it does out-of-the box
- calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) - but you can do it locally as well,
YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO ADD THE SUBVERSION NUMBER MANUALLY AS GOOGLE HAS STOPPED AUTOMATIC LOADING OF THE LATEST VERSION
- places jQuery libraries after MooTools calls for perfect compatibility,
- adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call,
- strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
- lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
What you can tweak
- disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend,
- enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page,
- use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done,
- add or remove scripts and stylesheets,
- strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page,
- prevent some libraries to be stripped out,
- modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code...),
FOR EXPLANATIONS ON ADVANCED FEATURES, THE DOWNLOAD OF THE DOCUMENTATION IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED
Solving remaining issues
Although jQuery Easy can solve a certain number of jQuery issues (code conflicts, multiple jQuery libraries load, wrong order calls...), some problems can still occur.
These problems can come from different sources:
Check out this article for more information on how to help you solve these issues and a case study that can help you understand the plugin's process.